A new Christian is a babe and is full of excitement over the things GOD has taught him. These babes in Christ often make the same mistake Job made. Job was righteous only in the law. Job thought he could offer sacrifices to cover the sins of his children. A babe can do the same. All of Jobs righteousness was of the law and was filthy rags. God used HIS law and Satan to teach Job what true righteousness is and it is the righteousness of GOD by faith.
Hear me babe in Christ, your conversion process is only the beginning of your new life in Christ and you have a long way to go . Even the mature Christian has a long way to go but has traveled in the way longer than you have and as a result acquired more than you. Job learned the lesson of the schoolmaster, the law, that his righteousness was of himself and not GODS by faith. If a babe tries to use their personal conversion to influence their families or friends so as to lead them to conversion then they are doing just what Job did when under the law. GOD alone determines when anyone will be converted. When a babe tries to be a preacher to their family the family views the babe as a self righteous bible thumping finger pointing Jesus freak. I know this for a fact because I made this mistake myself with my family. If it is not their time to come to the light then they will remain in darkness. A babe is thinking they can convert when only GOD can. The true righteousness that GOD gives to the babe is the babes only and cannot be transferred to another. The only way your loved ones will ever see what you have seen is if GOD calls and chooses them, draws them to Christ.
The babe will have arguments and perhaps outright fights with their families and friends if they try to “convert” them. A man’s enemies become those of his own family. All the babe can do is let their light shine to your family by how you live not by the words you speak. Light makes no sound but your actions, the works of GOD in you , will speak volumes to your family in the day of visitation, the day Christ returns. What the babe is trying to do is actually against what GOD is doing. GOD is not willing that anyone should perish but rather come to repentance, and only GOD grants repentance , you can’t. Would you want GOD giving HIS spirit to your loved ones who would not repent ? If they do not repent then they will perish. Yes babe, you did repent, but will they ? Only GOD knows when, so let it in HIS hands. Babe, back off hounding your family and friends but rather just love them, let your light shine to them as a witness to them in the day of visitation that GOD was truly with you. Only speak of spiritual things to them if they ask, then only give enough to answer the question, not a sermon.
Remember the only teacher is GOD through Christ, not GOD through you. Job came to not just hearing GOD but to where his eyes “see” GOD. A babe in Christ has heard but yet needs to “see” that only he heard, no one else did. GOD is working with you, babe in Christ, not your family. This is your personal salvation that you work out in fear and trembling not your family. All I have as family in this world are my sister and my daughter and both are unconverted and in the past I tried to convert them, my sister is my bitter enemy because of this but thankfully I realized what I was doing when it came to my daughter and I stopped. I still have a good relationship with my daughter only because I stopped. Therefore to all babes in Christ that are doing what I did, are making the same mistake Job and I did, stop, it may not be to late, just love them and in that way let your light shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment