All of Gods Elect are Prophets
Friday, November 16, 2012
KJV Numbers 11:29
29. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!
If you truly have Gods Holy Spirit then you are a prophet or prophetess. The Holy Spirit of God is to be your guide and teacher leading you into all truth.
KJV John 16:13-15
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
This is the spirit and power of Elijah that Jesus said would come and restore all things.
KJV Matthew 17:10-11
10. And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
John the baptist was the first saint of God in the first century AD to come and speak by the Holy Spirit about Jesus the messiah. The Holy Spirit was the power that inspired and worked in John as well as the Elijah of the old covenant. The Holy Spirit of God is the power that works in all the saints of God. If a person does not have the Holy Spirit they cannot know the truth.
KJV 1 Corinthians 2:7-16
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
A prophet or prophetess of God is empowered by the Holy Spirit of God to understand the truth of God. God is the teacher of all who come to Jesus.
KJV John 6:45
45. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
KJV Acts 2:14-18
14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18. And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
To be a prophet is not to be a fortune teller or predictor of the future as you have seen on television by false Christains. A new covenant prophet is bound by the words spoken by the prophets of old, they add nothing to or take anything away from what God spoke through the old covenant prophets.
KJV 1 Corinthians 14:31-32
31. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
KJV 2 Peter 1:20-21
20. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
It is always Gods Spirit that makes understanding possible. The Apostles and prophets spoke the words but without God they would fall on deaf ears. God is the one who gives the increase of understanding of spiritual truth.
KJV 1 Corinthians 3:5-7
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
God is able to teach with or without the aid of an Apostle or prophet. Once a person is converted and reaches a level of spiritual maturity they can help other converted people who are yet babes in Christ. The goal is for all to grow in the spirit so as not to have any need that some man teach you.
KJV Romans 14:1
1. Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
KJV Romans 15:1
1. We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:14
14. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
KJV Hebrews 5:12-14
12. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
KJV 1 John 2:27
27. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
All of Gods saints are to grow in the Holy Spirit to become prophets and prophetesses. This is so that they might teach the truth of God to newly begotten saints who are babes. The goal of any prophet is to bring the new born babe to adulthood so as to be an equal and not a lord over Gods people. The mature saints, male and female, can all teach the revelation God gives to them. There will be differences in the style and manner but the truth will be the same. The carnal people of the world will not hear the truth of God but will follow the churches of the world. A prophet does not speak his own words, he speaks the words God gives him to speak. These words will all be truth and agree with the old covenant prophets, Jesus and the Apostles.
God does not and will not give His Spirit to anyone who uses it to lord over people, to make himself feel important or superior. The gift is not for a show off or to do a “song and dance” to rob people of their money. It is not the false things you see on TV or in your local false churches. It is to become a servant of God and Christ and the saints God has chosen. It is a power that can overwhelm and move to tears because of the power and glory of the great God moving in you. It should humble you greatly, it should cause love to grow, it should cause unity, joy and peace. This is the way of a true prophet or prophetess of God and Christ.