Making Sense of Life
In this article I will attempt to show the difference that exists between how we look at ourselves and how God sees us. Some of us, as human beings, look at each other and conclude that there are some good people who do good things and there are some that do evil things. We then think of those who do good as people who are Godly and those who do evil as people that are of the Devil. It is that good part that needs to be examined more closely. In the gospels Jesus says that there is none good but one and that is God.
KJV Matthew 19:17
17. And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God:
God is good because God is righteous. The quality of righteousness is the state of being pure from evil and always doing what is good. This is why Jesus said that only God is good. Paul says that there is no such thing as a righteous human being.
KJV Romans 3:10
10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Human beings are not good and they are not righteous and this is a biblical fact. The way God sees all of humanity is that there is no difference in us when it comes to sin. You may think some people are better than Adolf Hitler is but God puts no difference in sin. A mass murderer is no different than a liar or a thief or an adulterer in God's eyes. The only way someone can be righteous in God's eyes is to have His Spirit that imparts God's own righteousness to the one of faith in Jesus as a free gift. This process is called salvation. In order for anyone to have the promise of salvation through Jesus they must come to understand the gospel of Jesus. The gospel is the message that explains what salvation is and answers the questions of who, what, when, where, how, and why that inform us of how the salvation process works. Without knowing the truth of the gospel it is impossible to know what salvation is. People in the world's churches believe in a very different gospel than the one Jesus preached. Therefore any good you or I may see in them is of them and does not come from God. Remember that God is the only one who is good. Anything that people do of their own selves which we may think is good, is actually nothing more than their own works or righteousness that God views as filthy rags.
KJV Isaiah 64:6
6. But we are all as an unclean thing and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah describes above the condition all people are born into; the very fact we are born into the world makes us sinners and by our own good can none of us be saved. We all need God's good or God's righteousness so that we can be made in His image and not our own. Mother Teresa is viewed by many to be good and Adolf Hitler evil but God sees them both as sinners in need of grace. There is no one sin worse than another, all types of sin are sin and sin is evil. Jesus died for Adolf Hitler as well as Mother Teresa. People have a difficulty distinguishing between God level good and human level good. The human level of anything is nothing compared to the God level. To obtain the promise of salvation we must become as good as God is. The knowledge of good and evil exists in all of us because that was the tree in the garden Adam and Eve ate from. While we have this knowledge we cannot control it as God can. God never does evil, but humans do. Through the prophet Jeremiah God describes what you and I are like.
KJV Jeremiah 17:9-10
9. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10. I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
You and I have evil present within us; this is a biblical fact. There are people who put up a front, a false picture of themselves that shows no appearance of any evil. The bible declares that these types of people are like leaves blown away by the wind.
It is the human spirit that God works with to change this carnal nature of a sinner into a nature that is like God's.
KJV 2 Peter 1:4
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Those who have been given the Holy Spirit begin to take on the very nature of God, who is righteous and good and never does any evil. The importance of understanding the true gospel of Jesus Christ is paramount in order to begin this process of acquiring the nature of God and the hope of salvation. The world's false gospel teaches those who follow it to believe in Jesus but fails to give an accurate account of the message contained in the gospel Jesus preached. They believe in the messenger but have not heard His message. Jesus put no difference between His words and Himself and this makes Jesus and His gospel the same thing.
KJV Mark 8:35
35. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
KJV Mark 8:38
38. Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
I have written many articles that show from the scriptures how the world's churches believe in many of their major doctrines things that are totally false and these false doctrines are what they base their version of the gospel on.
False doctrines are the very foundation of the gospel being preached today by the churches of the world. Preachers today will say, "if you died today would you be sure that you will go to heaven?" I have proved in my writings from the scripture that this type of statement is a lie based upon a false gospel. The foundation of the world's false gospel are things like the immortal soul, the rapture, everlasting life to sinners who are said to be burning in hell fire and judgment at the moment of death rather than at a future judgment day. Jesus taught that the only way for anyone to have everlasting life was through faith in Him.
KJV John 3:16
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
This widely quoted verse says plainly that you must believe in Jesus and His gospel, because that is the message He preached, in order to have everlasting life. If someone does not believe or has a false gospel and does not know the truth, then they cannot have the promise of everlasting life. If a person is an evil unrepentant sinner who does not believe, do they receive everlasting life?
KJV 1 John 3:15
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
If a murderer does not have everlasting life then how can he live in hell forever?
John's words agree with those of Jesus.
KJV John 3:36
36. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Jesus was saying that those who do not believe in Him and His gospel would not have life at all.
The wrath of God that abides on this type of person cannot be everlasting life in hell fire if they will not see life at all. Everlasting life is a promise to the faithful only and not to sinners.
KJV 1 John 2:25
25. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
The "us" in this verse are the saints John was writing to.
The promise of everlasting life is the hope all the saints have and they will receive the promise at the return of Christ and not before. The world's gospel has sinners being tortured forever in hell fire but Christ's gospel has them totally without life but awaiting the second resurrection wherein they will receive their first chance to know the truth of that gospel.
This is only one false doctrine the world's churches teach that destroys the true gospel message of Jesus. This lie and all the other lies they believe and teach to their followers is their version of the gospel and no matter how good you or I may think they present themselves to the world the truth is they are preaching lies in the name of the Lord. The world follows after them in awe thinking they are the people of God, millions believe them to be doing the Lord's work.
If you take the time to look into things for yourself and make a comparison of the two gospels, the true and the false, it becomes obvious that the condition of the world at large is of being caught up in the mass deception of Satan.
The world's gospel goes like this; if you are good when you die you are instantly judged worthy of going to heaven because you are an immortal soul and during your life you have believed that Jesus was your savior. You live forever in heaven because heaven is salvation.
The true gospel goes like this; if God calls and chooses you to receive His Holy Spirit your mind is enlightened to see that you are a sinner who can do nothing to save yourself. You realize that you are not good, but evil and need the power of God to change. You realize that Jesus became sin for you and paid the penalty for your sin in your place. You believe in faith that God has promised to you a resurrection to immortality when Jesus returns to Earth to establish His kingdom. When Jesus returns you will live forever, but not before, and you will reign on the earth with Him and not in heaven. A saint lives in this life with this hope, this promise, and submits to God who will work through you in His love fulfilling all righteousness. You know that salvation is everlasting life in the kingdom of God at the return of Jesus Christ.
It is a very hard thing to come into the knowledge of this reality, to see the world deceived, to see Satan's successful deception upon what claims to be the church of God.
KJV Revelation 18:4
4. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
God says, "come out of her my people", I have, will you?
If you were to read all the scriptural accounts of what the last days are like you would find an entirely different scenario than that which is believed by the carnal false churches. According to scripture it is not multiple millions who are saved in this age but few, it is not the many who are saved but the few.
KJV Matthew 7:14
14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
KJV Matthew 20:16
16. So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
KJV Luke 13:23-24
23. Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24. Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
The many and the few, many do not make it but a few do. In this age it will be this way but in the age to come after Jesus returns those who live into the millennium and those of the second resurrection will have their first opportunity to come to know the gospel and have a hope of salvation. God will not give His Spirit to someone in this age that He knows would not be successful. This current age is evil with Satan and the demons running loose in the world causing mass deception and it is not an easy thing for any human being to face all these challenges but God knows who will with His Spirit be successful. God wrote all their names in the book of life before the foundation of the world.
KJV Ephesians 1:4-5
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
KJV Revelation 17:8
8. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Notice it is only those names not in the book of life that are deceived and follow the beast. This will be the vast majority of people who are living in these days.
The message of The Savior Jesus Christ is the gospel He preached and that gospel is Himself. The gospel is the power of God that makes salvation possible.
KJV Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Satan does not want people to understand the true message of the gospel. Satan will allow the belief in Jesus as a person but separates the person of Jesus from the message He preached and in this way deceives and hides the true message.
KJV 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Unconverted people who do not have the Holy Spirit have invented the gospel heard in the world's churches today. This was done over many years and directed by Satan who is the evil spirit that works in those who disobey and pervert the true gospel of Christ. If the gospel of the world is 99% true and contains 1% lies you should not believe or follow after them but rather come out of them and ask, seek and knock to find the 100% true gospel. A mixture of lies and truth is all a lie and no lie will provide salvation for anyone. It is the truth that sets you free not of mixture of truth and lies. What spiritual fellowship should a saint have with anyone who does not even understand the gospel of Jesus Christ? Those who compare themselves to other people for the better or the worse fail to see whom they must measure up to.
KJV Ephesians 4:13
13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
It is Jesus that we have to be as good as and not each other. It is not good enough to be good in our own eyes. When we can come to this understanding then we can begin to make sense of life.