Is Your Baptism Valid?
KJV Ephesians 4:5
5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
According to scripture there is only one baptism not two or more just one and this one baptism is into the one true faith by belief in the one true gospel and in God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Upon hearing the true gospel a person is to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV Acts 2:36-38
36. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
There are some who say that baptism is not a requirement for salvation yet every person in scripture regardless of circumstances was baptized and you will find no exception.
Now when you were baptized did the preacher use the scripture in Matthew 28?
KJV Matthew 28:19
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
This trinity baptism in Matthew 28:19 is the only place in scripture where you find all three members of the trinity used to baptize. The problem with this is that there is no trinity and neither the Father or the Holy Spirit died for you.
KJV Romans 6:3
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
KJV Romans 6:5
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
If you were baptized using the corrupted scripture of Matthew 28:19, that was altered after the Nicean council to support the trinity, then your baptism is not valid. Perhaps you think the baptism in the church you came out of was valid, guess what, its not. I came out of a church called the Worldwide Church of God a legalistic church that by its very belief system based on the law and denied the grace of Jesus. The WCG also taught a binary God, that is that the Father was the greater God and Jesus the lesser God. I was involved in blasphemy and idolatry and had to repent of these things when I did come to hear the true gospel. I also realized that my baptism was invalid and was not the real one true baptism mentioned in Ephesians 4:5. If anything, I was baptized into Moses and not into Christ.
KJV 1 Corinthians 10:1-2
1. Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2. And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
I do not care what worldly church you came out of your baptism was a lie, a fake and totally invalid; you need to repent and be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ ONLY and receive the Holy Spirit that you do not yet have though it is working with you. You are like the man Apollos in Acts 18 & 19
KJV Acts 18:24-28
24. And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
26. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
27. And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:
28. For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.
KJV Acts 19:1-6
1. And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2. He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Even the disciples did not have the spirit in them until Jesus ascended to heaven.
KJV John 14:17
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
KJV Luke 22:31-32
31. And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32. But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
When I came out of the WCG it took me a while to realize that I needed baptized in the name of Jesus but I did not know any minister who had the Holy Spirit. There were five of us at that time and we all agreed that we would ask the Father to baptize us in His sons name, to reach His hands down from the heavens and immerse us in the water and that when we came up out give us His Holy Spirit. That is what we did and from that moment on our growth accelerated and our understanding grew. Fear, doubt and being overly discouraged ended for us and we began to be taught by Gods spirit wonderful things, deep things that lifted us up and we gave glory toGod.
I do not know if any others from the WCG ever repented of what we were doing under Armstrong or that Anthony Buzzard ever saw and understood what I have written about here but I can testify here and now, as well as the others who were with me, that we did not have the Holy Spirit while in the WCG and when we left the WCG, after coming to hear the true gospel, we knew that we needed to be baptized and this time for real.
If you have had a similar experience then you need baptized too. You can do the same thing we did, repent and ask the Father to baptize you.
KJV Mark 1:14-15
14. Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15. And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
God will know if your heart is sincere and if it is His will for you at this time and you obey the command of Jesus you will repent, be baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.
I will also say that at this time that when we five came to see that we needed to be baptized in the name of Jesus there were seven of us total but two of them did not agree with the other five and refused to be baptized. These two went off on their own becoming entangled in the world and have let themselves be lead into the broad way. Later on the fifth departed and also went back to the world. Now there are only four of us left who have remained faithful and committed to the things God has given to us. It is the parable of the sower.
KJV Matthew 13:3-9
3. And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4. And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5. Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6. And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8. But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
I also say at this time that it is possible that you, the reader, may be like the house of Cornelius, the first gentiles brought into the faith. In this case it was needed to show the Apostles that God had given grace to the gentiles and Cornelius and his house received the Holy Spirit before they were baptized. Even though this was a very rare thing baptism was not left out, they all were later baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
KJV Acts 10:44-48
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
There are different situations people may face in their lives but there is only one true baptism into the name of Jesus only regardless of when the Holy Spirit is given. Examine your baptism, was it valid? If not, then you now know what to do.
KJV Galatians 3:27
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.