Repent, to turn from sin and dedicate to change your life, to feel sorrow and regret over thoughts, words and deeds you have done that are sin and for the saints sin is whatever is not of Gods love. We all have things that we must repent of and Jesus said that if we do not repent we will perish.
KJV Luke 13:3
3. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Repentance is not something that you can do of yourself because you must first gain the knowledge of what to repent of before you can repent, coming to a proper understanding of the purpose of the law to show us that we are hopeless sinners under laws that we cannot keep. God gives us the knowledge when He begins to work with us to produce the Godly sorrow that leads us to repentance.
KJV 2 Corinthians 7:9-10
9. Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
God works with us to show us we are under the law and need Him and the grace He offers.
KJV Matthew 9:13
13. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
God calls sinners to repentance.
KJV Luke 15:7
7. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
KJV Luke 24:45-48
45. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48. And ye are witnesses of these things.
God gives the understanding.
KJV Acts 5:31
31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
KJV Acts 20:21
21. Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV Romans 2:4
4. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
KJV 2 Timothy 2:25-26
25. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26. And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
If there is anything in your life that you know is wrong, that you should not think, say or do, then repent and ask God to change your behavior. God will forgive our sins as often as we need Him too. Examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith or not.
KJV 2 Corinthians 13:5
5. Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Baptism is the stage one arrives at when God leads them to it and Godly sorrow leads to repentance that leads to conversion.
As Jesus said,” No man can come unto me except the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
All of us are sinners in need of grace, the undeserved and unearned forgiveness of our sins upon sincere repentance. Think of what the Son of God went through to give us this wonderful opportunity. I repent every day of things I think, say and do that are not of God's love. You and I are all alike. The only danger to us is not repenting. Baptism is a confirmation by each one of us to God of our acceptance of His grace. We are blessed above all people. Love God and one another.