The Keeping of Days
KJV Galatians 4:10-11
10. Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
For those who have understanding the Apostle Paul was rebuking the Galatian churches for keeping the annual holy days of the Jews.
If Paul was so angry because of this reason, what would he think if today Gods people kept days, months, seasons or years? Paul felt he had labored in vain teaching them the gospel. This is because as Jesus said;
KJV John 4:24
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
You cannot use physical things to worship a spiritual God. Israel did these things and it profited them nothing. God gave Israel statutes and judgments that were not good for them because they mixed in “worldly” things with the law God gave them. Ritual worship is worldly and carnal using the things of creation to worship the creator. Should we not worship God as He is? God is eternal and spirit and our worship of Him needs to be in spirit without regard to time.
KJV Ezekiel 20:24-26
24. Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols.
25. Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;
26. And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the Lord.
The same principle applies in the church
KJV 2 Corinthians 6:18
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
KJV Isaiah 52:11
11. Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord. (vessels of the Lord means people with Gods Spirit)
The meaning of unclean and clean is this; to be unclean means you do not have the Holy Spirit and to be clean means you have the Holy Spirit.
The nation of Israel was unclean in Gods eyes.
KJV Haggai 2:12-14
12. If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.
13. Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.
14. Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the Lord; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.
Practicing what the world does is an unclean thing, like keeping their days as well as Jewish days.
KJV Luke 16:15
15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
An attempt to be friendly with the world to the degree of doing what they do to honor or worship God is to be an enemy of God.
KJV James 4:4
4. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
KJV 1 John 2:15-16
15. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
This is not saying that we should not love our neighbor but that we should not worship God as our unconverted neighbor does. The Jews are carnal people cut off from God and so are the unconverted gentiles and they are both spiritually unclean as are their worship practices. Do not we preach to them the truth they do not know, are they not in darkness worshipping what they do not know?
Why then should we partake of the manner of their system? These people are infidels according to the word of God.
You can make all the excuses you want to justify keeping Jewish days or days of the world but the bottom line is that Gods people do not keep days of any kind. The new covenant Passover of Jesus is not kept with regard to time but is kept whenever you come together and that could be any day as there is no one day that is holy like the Sabbath of the law or the Sunday of the gentiles.
Here we are, a people that are supposed to be Gods people and we do not know these things? In the Spirit, there are many truths that all join to form the overall truth. While you know some of these truths, you have failed to join them together to see the whole.
If we are not to be of this world then we had better know what this means because it is time for the bride to make herself ready for the return of her husband but if we are blemished and soiled by the ways of this world will he accept this?