FAITHFUL IN LITTLE
Our faith is not great but we do have a little.
ASV Luke 16:10
10. He that is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much: and he that is unrighteous in a very little is unrighteous also in much.
KJV Luke 19:17
17. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
God is not asking us to do some great thing, not yet, but if we are faithful by being a doer in these little things God will trust us with great things. King David understood this and realized he must become as a child just as Jesus said;
KJV Matthew 18:2-4
2. And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
KJV Psalms 131:1-3
1. Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
2. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
3. Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and for ever.
We were taught by the Spirit of the Father through Jesus about making the bride ready, being a doer by the power of the Spirit in relationships focusing on marriage which is a shadow of Jesus and the church and how in our consciences we hear Jesus teach us.
Communication is essential to any loving relationship. Prayer is communicating with God and Jesus. Husbands and wives must communicate to one another in love concerning issues in their marriage that need addressed else they will never be solved. Husbands and wives need to “call each other out” on problems and address and deal with them in the way of love. Often the silence of one is taken by the other that everything is ok when it is not. We need to examine each other and ourselves to see if we are walking in the light.
KJV Ephesians 5:13
13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
KJV 1 John 1:5-7
5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
KJV 1 John 2:9-11
9. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
Jesus is our light.
In my life I am learning by actual experiences how this process works. Coni asked me constantly to not through my cigarettes on the ground in front of the house. After learning all the things we have in recent times and my conscience convicting me that it was not love to ignore Coni. I resolved to build a container to dispose of them and also tried to clean up the mess I had made. This “little thing” is a demonstration as to how I could be faithful by doing. When we do these types of little things it is as if we do them to Jesus himself.
KJV Matthew 25:40
40. And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
You see brethren, how these little things mean so much to God and Jesus and how that in a marriage we have the ideal opportunity to practice what we have been taught through actual living experiences. We all need to weed out our spiritual gardens else the weeds will take over. We all know what these weeds are, these problems we all face and we know what to do about them.