Many people have different theories about who the group called the elect in scripture are. If we go to scripture perhaps we can find out.
KJV Matthew 24:22
22. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
The length of the tribulation will be shortened because of the elect. This because the end time remnant of elect are alive and remain and are protected from the effects of the tribulation.
KJV Matthew 24:24
24. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
It is not possible to deceive the elect.
KJV Matthew 24:31
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
After the tribulation the elect are gathered.
KJV Mark 13:20
20. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
The elect are those who were chosen.
KJV Mark 13:22
22. For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Antichrist tries to seduce the elect but it is not possible.
KJV Mark 13:27
27. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
The elect are scattered and gathered from the four winds.
KJV Luke 18:7
7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
God will avenge His elect, His chosen.
KJV Romans 8:33
33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
The elect are justified, the just, who are of faith and have the Holy Spirit, justified in Jesus.
KJV Romans 9:11
11. (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Election stands and not works. The works are referring to the works of the law and no one is justified by the works but according to election, to grace through faith.
KJV Romans 11:5
5. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
The remnant of grace is the church. Carnal Israel was the election under the law.
KJV Romans 11:7
7. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
Carnal Israel under the law did not obtain but the election of grace did obtain.
KJV Romans 11:26-28
26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Carnal Israel is saved when Jesus returns to deliver them out of the tribulation. Only then shall ungodliness be taken away. Until then they are enemies of the gospel but because of Gods promise to Abraham they are beloved and will yet be saved.
KJV Colossians 3:12
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Paul calls these former gentiles, the elect of God.
KJV 1 Thessalonians 1:4
4. Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
These also are elect of God.
KJV 2 Timothy 2:10
10. Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
Paul endured all things for the sake of the church, the elect.
KJV Titus 1:1
1. Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
Gods elect are of faith and truth.
KJV 1 Peter 1:1-2
1. Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2. Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Peter calls the church the elect.
KJV 1 Peter 5:13
13. The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.
There were churches in different locations but all were the elect.
KJV 2 Peter 1:10
10. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
The saints, those who believe in Christ and have the Holy Spirit need to make their calling and election sure.
KJV 2 John 1:1
1. The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
John calls the church the elect.
KJV 2 John 1:13
13. The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.
The sister church is also elect.
KJV Isaiah 65:9
9. And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
The church, the saints, the elect are to be heirs with Jesus, not carnal Israel.
All the people in Hebrews 11 were the saints before Jesus. All these wanted a better resurrection which is the first resurrection. These people are the olive tree into which the saints after Jesus are grafted. Together, combined, these two groups are the 144000, the elect of God who will be in the first resurrection when Jesus returns. These two groups were symbolized by the ritual holy day of ancient Israel in Leviticus 23:17 by the two loaves of bread which are the first fruits of God, the elect, the church. The church is built on the foundation of these men and the apostles, so they are indeed a part of the church if they are part of the foundation. There are no “carnal Jews” who are the 144000, the elect, the church. The people of Hebrews 11 are resurrected at the same time as all the saints, they had the same faith, the same hope in Jesus, had the Holy Spirit and knew the gospel. They look for new Jerusalem and everlasting life. The sealing of the elect in Revelation 7 is the remainder of the elect that are alive and remain because all the other elect are dead and were sealed at death because they will be resurrected to immortality in a twinkling of an eye. The tribulation cannot hurt the elect dead saints but the living must be sealed before the tribulation. The tribulation is Satans wrath and this is what the elect are protected from. The elect are spirit beings by the time God is ready to pour out His wrath. If Abraham and Moses are in the first resurrection then they have to be part of the church, the elect, the first fruits. David and Job knew they would be in the first resurrection.
KJV Psalms 17:15
15. As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
KJV Job 14:14-15
14. If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
15. Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
The elect of God is the church.