Carnal Man is an Animal
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
KJV Ecclesiastes 3:18-20
18. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
19. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
20. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
KJV Psalms 49:12
12. Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
KJV Psalms 49:20
20. Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish. ( No Holy Spirit in him)
KJV Psalms 73:22
22. So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
Man is an animal, a nephesh, a soul, and so are all other animals. If a cat or dog dies it is no different then if a human dies. This is how God views the deaths of souls that do not have His spirit. If a dog dies and is dead forever or if a man dies and is dead forever it is because they did not have Gods Holy Spirit. A dogs life is no better than the life of a man. If the man is called and chosen by God to receive Gods Holy Spirit then this man becomes a new man, a new creation in Christ and is no longer a part of the old creation where all men are beasts, this man is now raised to an even higher level and becomes a son of God. If while a son of God this man blasphemes Gods Spirit he will be cast down with the beasts and his life is of no value to God at all. Just like a dog or cat this man will become dust forever.
Would a man who commit’s the unpardonable sin and dies forever prove that God is unable to save or that Gods love is somehow lacking? Does the everlasting death of a beast called man take anything away from God?
KJV Job 22:3
3. Is it any pleasure to the almighty, that thou art righteous? or is it gain to him, that thou makest thy ways perfect?
KJV Job 35:6-8
6. If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? or if thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?
7. If thou be righteous, what givest thou him? or what receiveth he of thine hand?
8. Thy wickedness may hurt a man as thou art; and thy righteousness may profit the son of man.
KJV Malachi 3:6
6. For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
It has absolutely no effect on God if we are righteous or evil, if we have free will or not; we can add nothing to God or take anything from God. God has been God in eternity without man or angel and does not change. If man lives forever or dies forever this will not effect anything about God for God remains who He is eternally. The idea that somehow if man had free will and could choose to refuse salvation this would detract from God is a lie. To think that if God is unable to save all would show Gods lack of love is a lie. God has been love in eternity and His creation cannot change that.
KJV Ecclesiastes 3:14
14. I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
Our lives as a beast is of no value to God anymore than any other beast. We only have value to God when and if God invests His spirit in us. It is when we have the Spirit of God that we are transformed from a beast to a man, a new man in Christ. If we would ever betray God after this then we deserve everlasting death.
The Greek word used to describe everlasting destruction is “aionios”, and universal Salvationists say it does not mean forever. The same Greek word is used to describe the life the saints receive in the resurrection. If destruction is not forever then life is not either, so either we will not live forever because destruction is not forever or we will live forever because destruction is forever.
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
Strong's Ref. # 166
from GSN0165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well):
KJV--eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
KJV John 3:16
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
KJV 1 John 2:25
25. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
The scripture describes unconverted people and people who are enemies of God as beasts.
KJV 2 Peter 2:12
12. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
KJV Jude 1:10
10. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
KJV Revelation 13:18
18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
God will establish the thoughts of a righteous man who is no longer a beast. The beastly man has evil thoughts that are against the will of God and are what sin is as Jesus explains.
KJV Matthew 15:18-20
18. But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20. These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
The thoughts of the heart or beastly spirit of a man is what defiles him and is sin but the converted man is no longer a beast and becomes a new man in Jesus. The new man is not of this world, of this creation, but is a new creation in Christ. This new man undergoes a change in mind, spirit and thought by the power of the Holy Spirit of God; his mind is renewed and made sound with self control enabled to overcome his former sinful nature. A beastly man, who comes to conversion, but yet refuses to yield to this this change and blasphemes the Holy Spirit is of no value to God; just as all other beasts are of no value for salvation and forever return to dust at death so will the beast man. This takes nothing away from Gods love or power to provide salvation but is actually Gods will and plan for humanity. This proves free will in all creatures God made angelic and human as free will is absolutely necessary for God to accomplish His will. The everlasting death of a beastly man is no different than a cat, dog or any other animal. Our life only has value if God is in it.