Why Are The Names Of The Tribes Of Carnal Israel Named On The Elect Saints
In Revelation 7 the elect saints are sealed and the number of them is 144000. They are the tribes of spiritual Israel. Why are the saints in tribes that were of carnal Israel, why are their names used for us?
In Genesis 48:5 Israel adopts Joseph's two sons Ephriam and Manasseh, who were Egyptians, as it says they would be sons of Israel just as Ruben or Simeon are. Also in verse 16 Israel says, "Let my name be named on them", the name of Israel.
KJV Genesis 48:5
5. And now thy two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, which were born unto thee in the land of Egypt before I came unto thee into Egypt, are mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine.
KJV Genesis 48:16
16. The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.
Another scripture is Exodus 12:48. The carnal nation would accept a stranger into Israel provided they became circumcised and keep the law.
KJV Exodus 12:48
48. And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.
This is a shadow of our being grafted into spiritual Israel while the unbelieving carnal Israelites were broken off. In carnal Israel you could not eat the Passover unless you were born in the land but in spiritual Israel you had to be born again by the holy spirit to eat the Passover of Jesus.
The Father, the one true God, adopts us as His sons and daughters and we are every bit as much of God as Jesus is.
KJV Romans 8:14-19
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
The saints are grafted in, adopted into spiritual Israel and The name of Israel is named on us as it was the sons of Joseph.
There are two Israels.
KJV Romans 4:13-14
13. For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14. For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
KJV Romans 9:6-8
6. Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. (This shows the seperation of spiritual and carnal Israel)
KJV Romans 11:16-17
16. For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, were graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
We are the holy seed by adoption and are sons and daughters of God and Jesus Christ is our elder brother, the first born of many. WE are the Israel of God, twelve spiritual tribes, the first fruits of His creation.
KJV Galatians 6:15-16
15. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
KJV James 1:1
1. James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
KJV Philippians 3:3
3. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
KJV Romans 8:23
23. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
KJV James 1:18
18. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
KJV Revelation 14:4
4. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
By the will of God most high we are spiritual Israel, the first fruits of God and the Lamb.