Salvation is being in the kingdom of God as an immortal spirit being, unable to sin or be tempted with evil;
repentance, grace, faith and the sacrifice of Jesus is not salvation; these are the things that reconcile us to God and place us on the straight and narrow way that leads to the kingdom, to salvation. Once we are in the kingdom we do not need repentance, grace, faith and the sacrifice of Christ because we will have achieved we will have attained we have salvation.
No one has ever experienced salvation, it is promised to us with conditions. When converted and given the Holy Spirit we have entered into a covenant with God. This covenant has conditions to meet in order to have the promised salvation. When you are in the kingdom this is salvation and then you cannot lose salvation. At this time you do not have salvation and it is possible that you can lose the offer of it if you commit the unpardonable sin. God will withdraw His offer if you do not honor the conditions God requires for you to have salvation. You must love and obey God and Christ when you have the Holy Spirit or you blaspheme that spirit. If one third of the angels sinned against God what about human beings? If Lucifer could convince angels to rebel humans would be far easier. At this present time you are an heir of salvation, if you continue in the requirements God has in the new covenant, but if not God will disinherit you. You do not inherit the kingdom/salvation; when converted you are only an heir. Keep in mind as you read the scripture below that our inheritance is the kingdom which is what salvation is and that we do not have salvation at present but it is promised to us if we obey Gods requirements. Remember that you cannot lose salvation once you have salvation and you do not have it now; you have the opportunity, the hope, the promise and you will be judged by what you do with it.
KJV Matthew 5:5
5. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
KJV Matthew 19:29
29. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
KJV Luke 10:25-28
25. And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26. He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
KJV 1 Corinthians 6:9
9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
KJV Ephesians 1:11-14
11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
KJV Ephesians 5:5 5. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
KJV Colossians 3:24-25
24. Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
KJV Revelation 21:7 7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
The most important first step in the hope of salvation is for God to give you His Holy Spirit and begin to teach you the truth of spiritual knowledge bringing you out of the worlds lies and set you free. This is what brings you out from under the old covenant law and into the new covenant grace so that you have access to repentance and forgiveness of sins. As you stand in faith and grace God begins to work with your human spirit to conform it into the image of Jesus who God made an exact image of Himself. This image is that of love and righteousness that is incapable of sin and is the ultimate quality the saints must achieve to have salvation which is immortality. You must be made incapable of sin first before you can become immortal.
In this human existence you will always sin because you have only a portion of the Holy Spirit but you can grow in the spirit and overcome sins as you mature bearing fruit unto God. God can see your progress as all of us are an open book to Him and He will know if we grow with the gift of His spirit or not. What God looks for is where our heart is; is it with Him, is our burning desire to obey Him and love Him beyond all else having faith in His son as you have faith in Him. It is this desire and our growth in overcoming sin that pleases God and no matter how much growth is produced, as long as there is growth, when we die God will then seal our human spirit in total righteousness and we will be incapable of sin. Then when the resurrection happens this perfected human spirit will be placed into a glorified spirit body thus we will then be immortal, have salvation, and then we can never lose it. Jesus came into the world with a human spirit that God had already made perfect in righteousness and love so that Jesus was incapable of sin. All Jesus needed was a glorified body to be immortal which he received when he ascended to heaven. Jesus was Gods way of saying to us, “This man, my son, is what I will transform you to be like if you are willing and obedient so that you will be worthy of the salvation, the immortality, I have offered you through him.” God loves and values the life of His son Jesus to the point where He will forgive all manner of sin that is common unto man but God will not dishonor the sacrifice of His son by forgiving those who blaspheme His Gods Holy Spirit. Gods spirit is the spirit of grace and to blaspheme His spirit is to spit in His face and the face of His son, it is going to far and is the only sin God will not forgive.