Has Anyone Ever Seen God?
Did Adam and Eve see God in the garden of Eden? Did Abraham see God? How about Moses, did he see God? I have heard some people say yes, the people mentioned above did see God, but did they.
First we will look at Moses. On the mountain and in the case of the burning bush it is thought that Moses saw God and heard the voice of God. The testimony of Stephen in Acts 7 gives us the answer.
KJV Acts 7:29-31
29. Then fled Moses at this saying, and was a stranger in the land of Madian, where he begat two sons.
30. And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.
31. When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,
KJV Acts 7:38
38. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
KJV Hebrews 11:27
27. By faith he (Moses) forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
So we see that Moses never saw God but an angel.
God uses angels as His messengers and places in them His own name and the angels speak with authority and as though they were God because they represent God and have Gods name in them.
KJV Exodus 23:20-21
20. Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
21. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for My name is in him.
Angels are spirit beings that God uses to serve those God calls and chooses, those who are saints and heirs of salvation.
KJV Hebrews 1:13-14
13. But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14. Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Below are some other scriptures that show no one has ever seen God.
KJV John 1:18
18. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
KJV 1 Timothy 6:15-16
15. Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of Lords;
16. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
KJV Colossians 1:15
15. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
KJV 1 Timothy 1:17
17. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
KJV 1 John 4:12
12. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
Now for the clincher, the comment of Jesus Christ himself.
KJV John 5:37
37. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
So then, that settles it, no one has ever seen God or heard His voice except for Jesus, he did.
KJV John 6:45-46
45. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
46. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he(Jesus) which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
Jesus claims to have seen the Father. Since Jesus is Gods son and our messiah and mediator between us and God then I believe him.
Through Jesus someday all the saints will see the Father.