Hebrew Roots & Replacement Theology
Monday, July 2, 2012
The idea of many false churches is that the modern day nation of Israel are Gods elect and chosen people and that the church is not. These false churches teach that the roots of the Christian faith are in the modern nation of Israel, the Jews of the old covenant. Let us now examine some scripture to see if these views hold true.
KJV Matthew 3:7-9
7. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9. And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
In the scripture above, John the Baptist says that just being a physical seed of Abraham was not what salvation is based upon but rather fruit worthy of repentance.
KJV Matthew 8:11-12
11. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
The children of the kingdom were the carnal Israelites that would not accept Jesus as the messiah.
KJV John 8:37
37. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
The carnal seed of Abraham wanted to kill Jesus and in time they did.
KJV John 8:56
56. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
God revealed to Abraham that God would have a son who would be the messiah that would come as Abrahams promised seed. That in this seed all the nations would be blessed.
KJV Acts 3:22-25
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
This covenant mentioned above was not the law but it was the new covenant, the covenant God made with Abraham that justifies a man by faith without the works of the law.
KJV Romans 4:16
16. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
This new covenant God gave to Abraham was 430 years before the nation of Israel and the law even existed and is available to all people, Israelite or gentile.
KJV Romans 9:6-8
6. Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
There are two Israel’s, one of law and one of the faith of Abraham which is called the Israel of God.
7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
There were two lines of people that came from Abraham, one was the carnal nation of Israel under the law and the other of the promise, the new covenant of faith, the true Israel of God.
KJV Romans 11:5
5. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Carnal Israel under the law was the election according to the law but there is an election according to faith and these are the true seed of Abraham, the true elect of God.
KJV Galatians 3:6-7
6. Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. (Not of the law but of faith. If you are of the law you are not the seed of Abraham.)
KJV Galatians 3:8-9
8. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV Galatians 3:13-14
13. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14. That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
KJV Galatians 3:16-18
16. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
The law God gave to carnal Israel by Moses was 430 years after the covenant of grace that God gave to Abraham and did not make void the Abrahamic covenant. Neither did Abrahams covenant of grace make void the law because they were two separate covenants that had nothing to do with each other.
KJV Galatians 3:26-29
26. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The covenant of the law did not give the promises but the covenant of Abraham did. Once a person is Abrahams true seed by faith physical descendents of Abraham are carnal but spiritual descendents are spiritual.
The true roots of true Christianity are of the spiritual seed of Abraham that come from many nations and is based on faith and grace and not on the law. The root is not in carnal Israel, the Jews, of then or today. What this means is that the carnal nation today never was the root. Carnal Israel killed Jesus and still to this day refuses to acknowledge him as the son of God and messiah. Do you want Christ hating Jews to be your root? You see there was no replacement at all so the false idea of replacement theology is a useless point. The faithful seed of Abraham has always been the seed, the root and the election of God, the Israel of God which is the true church of God. These carnal Israelite branches of the olive tree were broken off because they rejected Jesus Christ and the gentiles were then grafted in as Romans 11 explains. Now these broken off branches can be grafted in again in the future if they do not remain in unbelief.
Gods desire is that all people repent and come to the knowledge of the truth but the Jews for the most part have refused the promised seed of Abraham, Jesus Christ. Scripture says plainly that the Jews killed Jesus.
KJV 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15
14. For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15. Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
KJV Romans 11:28
28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Think, the antichrist mind is that which rejects the Lord Jesus Christ and the Jews, modern day Israel, are of this mind.
KJV 1 John 2:22
22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
This state of Jewish unbelief in Christ will remain until Jesus returns to save them from extinction in the great tribulation. It will be then that they will say blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.
The modern nation of Israel, the Jewish people, are antichrist, they do not accept Gods son Jesus Christ. I ask you then, do you want to be considered a part of their root? The Jews are enemies of the gospel of your salvation, do you want to be an enemy of God and Christ?
By no means do I hate the Jewish people but the testimony of the scripture makes it very plain that the Jews are against Jesus Christ and God Almighty. The Jews will suffer greatly in the future and pay a high price for their spiritual adultery. Do you want to pay that price by claiming to be of their roots?