Friday, February 17, 2012
Wisdom is a deep understanding and realization of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to apply perceptions, judgments and actions in keeping with this understanding. It often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that universal principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true or right coupled with optimum judgment as to action.
KJV James 1:5
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
This wisdom is what all the saints need and is something we do not have of ourselves but is a gift from God. We all need to pray and ask God for wisdom. Wisdom is true knowledge applied so as always to arrive at the proper thoughts and actions. Having only knowledge is not enough we must also understand its use.
KJV Jeremiah 10:23-24
23. O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
24. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.
This type of wisdom can come from iron sharpening iron. God enables us to grow in many things, He has given us the truth of restored doctrine and the knowledge of what sin is and how to overcome sin. In all things wisdom must be applied. Gods love gives us knowledge.
KJV Ephesians 3:19
19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
We know that without Gods Spirit we cannot have knowledge or wisdom.
KJV Romans 11:33
33. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
KJV 1 Corinthians 12:8
8. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
The combination of knowledge and wisdom will produce balance in our lives and as we grow in each we help sharpen one another to bring us all to the same level. This is God and Christ working in the saints.
KJV Romans 15:14
14. And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
We have all experienced over the years how God has given us knowledge, now we need to gain wisdom for wisdom is knowledge in action, knowledge applied in our lives, so that no matter what situation we are faced with we can be victorious. This article is to be a companion to the article “Iron sharpens iron” in which it says:
KJV Hebrews 5:14
14. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
By reason of use means through trial and error by learning from our mistakes a lesson so as not to repeat the error, the sin. God has patience with us to allow this growth forgiving our sins as we grow. We judge a tree by its fruits and our works by their fruits to see if they are of God or not. Just as we train our children in these things God trains us. Just as we should be merciful with our children God is merciful to us. God is our Father and loves us with a perfect love and while He corrects us He does so with the intent of our learning His ways and understanding His thoughts because God desires us to be His sons. Now perhaps we can better understand why we should rejoice in the trials and temptations we endure knowing it is God working in us to bring us to Himself. Adam ate of the tree that gave us the knowledge of good and evil but without Gods spirit we cannot control that knowledge but with His spirit need wisdom from God so that we can. It is only natural that this process will take time, no need to worry, God created time so that we can. With God all things are possible.
We have God and Christ and each other, a three fold cord that cannot be broken. Fear and doubt has no place in God, Christ or the saints for who can stop His will from being done? We love God, we love Jesus and we love one another, let us cast out fear and doubt.
KJV Romans 8:38-39
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.